Tuesday 13 March 2012

Day 79

After the sweaty-hands-phone-on-floor debacle yesterday, the warm weather luckily seems to have passed today and I was back in a hoody for my walk today. After a 9am class I returned home and set off just before 11. The streets were fairly quiet, but I did attract attention from not 1 but 2 white vans (well I think it was the men in said vans rather than the vans themselves that I caught the eye of but you know what I mean) The first was just a horn honk and a wink as he passed, but the second was a full on slow down wind the window down lean out "alright daaaaaaahlin!" job. Some might be confused and slightly worried (knowing as you all know by now how smashing I look during these endeavours) about the reactions I raised in these men, I'm going to look on the bright side though, and say it's nice to know I've still got it (it being red sweatiness, but never mind)
Eddie appeared out of the woodwork and produced a time, 1 hour 52 minutes. Ha! Slow, loser! I scoffed, before realising that this was actually the time it had taken him to complete 8 miles. Urges to throw him off a mountain, which I thought were long gone seem to be rearing their ugly heads again, smug little git.

No comments:

Post a Comment