Friday 10 February 2012

Days 35 - 49

Like a phoenix rising from the ashes I'm making a comeback from my life threatening injury, I'm powering through the pain and back to the peak of my physique; "at least a week" got more and more extended with every doctor I saw, a brain scan came back 'inconclusive' which you can take to mean whatever you like (and I know how you'll all be taking that thankyou very much!) and I was loaded up with more and more painkillers of increasing strength. On Sunday though my two week concussion caused cancellation of walks is over, which aso coincides with a week off from uni, so I'll be going back to basics on my training, starting back in the countryside where I first wet my walking welies what feels like months ago now.
I'm chomping at the bit to get back on with training, and never thought I'd say it but I've actually missed it! I'm sure that the moment I struggle back into those smelly walking shoes my rose tinted specs will fall hard and I'll look back at myself at this point pining for the pace and laugh (or wheeze, since I'm sure sitting around for 2 weeks fondling my throbbing head and not doing much else won't have heped my fitness any.) I find mysef at a loose end for an hour each day as I had developed something of a routine in the time I would normally walk on each day, I've managed to comfort myself with my old friends chocolate and telly of course, but I can't help feeling that a fair amount of my previous hard work will have been undone. That's what I get for doing additional excersise, I can even make walking unsafe so I should consider myself lucky I haven't done more damage at rugby really, but that doesn't make me feel much better now. As well as declining fitness (Scarlett Johansson may be lost to me forever) I've convinced myself that my Orlando Bloom jogger may have materialised, only to be snapped up by some other power walking princess while I was lounging on the sofa feeling sorry for myself.  I have to get back out there and win him back!
So I know I've been away for a while, but keep your eyes peeled for my epic comeback...

No comments:

Post a Comment